Avocado Pesto Pasta
You may have seen this recipe on my Instagram where I produced my first ever video (I hope you liked it and if you haven't seen it, it's on my IGTV here)
It's a super simple dish which is great all year round and is ready in less than the time it takes to cook the pasta.
What you need:
1 ripe avocado
1 cup cashews soaked in water for 10 minutes
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 sprig of basil
4-5 sun-dried tomatoes with the oil they come in (optional)
5 tbsp good olive oil
Salt and pepper
Pinch of chilli flakes
Pasta of your choice
1. Boil water and cook your pasta to the packet instructions - I always take it out a minute before so it's al dente which I prefer.
2. Whilst that's cooking, cut the avocado and put it in the food processor or blender.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste as you go along and add more lemon/oil/seasoning as desired.
4. Drain your pasta, leaving behind some of the cooking water. Re-add to the pan and add the sauce.
5. Don't put the pasta and sauce back on the heat, it's much nicer a little on the cooler side.
6. Serve with another pinch of chilli flakes on top and enjoy. So quick, so easy and so tasty.