Vegan Lotus Spread Cookies
By Galia Shomron (@_fuxkingfalafel_)
There's no time of the year that a cookie just doesn't feel like the right thing to do, right?
I can't get enough of these gooey, crunchy and flavoursome delights which are truly some of the best vegan cookies you'll ever taste.
You don't need to load this recipe up with eggs and butter to make a truly perfect biscuit, and this is proof that the plant-based lifestyle is so simply and easy - just like these little circles of joy!
What you need:
275g lotus spread
125g vegan butter
140g syrup (golden/maple/agave)
40g caster sugar
35g brown sugar
1tbsp vanilla extract
240g plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 160C or 325F.
2. Mix the lotus spread, vegan butter, syrup, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl
3. Add the plain flour and mix until combined
4. Once the mixture is combined, make small balls of the dough (I usually make around 18/19 but depends how big you want the cookies to be)
5. Place the balls on a baking tray and flatten slightly using a fork/hand (I usually place around 6 on a baking tray as they spread quite a bit in the oven!)
6. Place the cookies in the oven and bake for around 12/13 mins (the longer you leave them, the less chewy they are)
7. Once your cookies are done, take them out of the oven and let them cool on the baking tray for around 5 mins then transfer them to a cooling rack for at least another 5 mins of cooling
About the chef:
My name is Galia Shomron and I’m a gal who is passionate about gooood food that has all the flavour and none of the cruelty.
The main reason I post about the food I eat is to show people that veganism isn’t at all about bland salads but rather about a love for food, animals and the planet!
My page is full of all different kinds of food that will show you just how much you can do with veganism! Check it out at @_fuxkingfalafel_